Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Get Wavy Baby !

Mission 2 : Looking for some hot stuff

Now that I learned the basics of Twittering, I think it's time for me to move to the next level and to try to look for things I've never heard of, which is kind of hard. How am I supposed to find something if I don't know what I'm searching for...Here I am, facing the dilemma that all the researchers in the world have known. Research is one paradoxical activity, but maybe that is what makes it stimulating. Anyway, the good news is, I just found something really interesting while I was surfing on the net searching for something I didn't know. Still following ?
It is a new project launched by Google called Google Wave described as a personnal communication and collaboration tool. This new service will be a merger of e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networkings. I'm sure it is about to revolutionize collaborative work, even if, to be honest, I don't really understand how. Spelling and grammar checking and automated translation between 40 languages will be included into Google Wave. People will then be able to work together in real time even if they are miles apart, because this new device is gathering an impressive number of tools that became essential to work. I'm glad I learned about this project because I often have group works and it's hard for everyone to be available at the same place, on the same day. With a tool such as Google Wave, I think e-learning has a lot of chances to soar because it is going to get easier and easier to work thanks to the Internet.

2 comments: