Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Liv, Me, Alone



Mission 3 : Fighting Against A F*****g Virus


Ok, I probably deserve it, as I wrote an article about cybercrime a week ago and tried to freak everyone out, but three days ago and for the very first time of my life, I've been infected ! Let me tell you what happened...

I was innocently checking my Facebook account when I saw this video posted on my wall by one of my contacts. It was late, I was tired and I really wasn't in a suspicious state of mind. So I clicked on the link to see what the video was about, and then...Boom Boom Pow ! A very scary message appeared on my screen saying that I had been infected. From that moment, everything happened so fast...All my contacts started to receive messages from me, which I was obviously not sending, inviting them to watch the same video that had just infected me. I changed my password like ten times, but nothing helped ! My Facebook account has been hacked, or phished, or whatever, bottom line is that it has been so messed up ! But the worst thing is, my entire computer got the virus.

So I spent the last three days trying to make this evil virus go away. It was so bad that I couldn't even connect myself to the Internet. So I had to learn something I didn't know : trying to heal a sick computer. As my anti-virus had expired, I had to download another one, which has been very difficult considering the fact that the Internet wasn't working. Fortunately, a friend of mine help me to install different anti-virus sytems and after hours of perseverance one of them finally kicked the virus's ass : Avira AntiVir Personal, which I recommend you as it's free and efficient. Now I can connect myself to the Internet just in time to write my weekly article. This is Live From Liv !

But the thing is, my Facebook account has been disabled. I'm virtually dead ! I thought that the problem was resolved, but I sent a report to the Facebook Team to let them know that I had been a victim of cybercrime, and instead of helping me, they killed me ! I feel like some kind of creepy outcast who doesn't have a social life anymore. I tried to write to Facebook using different email addresses but nobody answered me, so scandalous !


I really wanted the virus to leave me alone, and it did, but I didn't expected to become Liv, Me, Alone.


Thank God Twitter still loves me !

No comments:

Post a Comment